Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Move mysql service of wamp

1. Copy all content of old mysql folder to new mysql folder.
2. In new mysql folder, open file my.ini and replace all old folder to new folder (except log-error variable)
3. To change executable path of wampmysqld service, run regedit in START >> RUN, then go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SYSTEM >> CurrentControlSet >> Services >> wampmysqld >> ImagePath
Change it to new folder.
4. Open wampmanager.ini and replace all old mysql folder to new folder.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for your help Hung Le. Really appreciated.

    My old wamp server is inside "C:\wamp" and recently I installed the latest one to "C\wamp2". And after that, I was looking here and there for my old data base. I was nearly shocked to notice that even old Wamp instance now loads the new database. So when I was searching the internet, luckily saw this post. What I did was changed the

    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SYSTEM >> CurrentControlSet >> Services >> wampmysqld >> ImagePath" to the old "mysql.exe" file.

    Now my wamp server is latest, and still uses my old databases :)

    Cool.
    Thanks!
    Anjana

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!